|Title of the article
ON THE ISSUE OF THE STATUS AND PROSPECTS OF DEVELOPMENT OF JURY TRIAL IN RUSSIA
Aleynikov Boris Nikolaevich, Candidate of juridical sciences, professor, sub-department of justice, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia); head of Penza branch of “Aleynikov and partners” Interregional bar association of Moscow, (office 32, 172 Suvorova street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Aleynikova Anastasiya Borisovna, Deputy head of Penza branch of “Aleynikov and partners” Interregional bar association of Moscow (office 32, 172 Suvorova street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Reformation of the Russian judicial system is in progress. The highest political officials have decided to head to improvement of the present legislation on jury trials. Researching the status and prospects of development of the jury trial institution is especially topical as it assists formation of necessary lawmaking initiatives concernining improvement of the judicial system in whole and jury trial in particular. The aim of the work is to analyze the status and prospects of jury trial development in modern Russia.
Materials and methods. The research goals and tasks were realized on the basis of the analysis of general theoretical and theoretical sectoral juridical literature on institution, as well as drafts of federal laws on modernization of jury trials, initated by the President of Russia in 2015-2016. The methodological basis included general theoretical and special methods of scientific cognition, such as analysis, synthesis, logic and system-structural approaches, the method of analytical interpretation of legal norms etc.
Results. The authors researched theoretical and practical problems, associated with the modern jury trial activity, analyzed the causes of the given institution’s activity sphere narrowing, considered conditions and ways of improvement of the organization and activity of jury trials in Russia.
Conclusions. The efficiency of jury trial reformation measures will depend on how successfully will be solved the questions of reorganization financing, the required scientific examination of a forecasted effect, the remaining problems of pretrial investigation of economic crimes, inevitable complexity when choosing the jury etc.
jury trial, judicial system, jury, justice, court independence
|| Download PDF
1. Gavlo V. K., Dudko N. A. Izvestiya Altayskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Proceedings of Altay State University]. 2010, no. 1–2.
2. Boykov A. D. Tret'ya vlast' v Rossii. Kn. vtoraya: Prodolzhenie reform [The third power in Russia. Book 2. Reforms continue]. Moscow: Yurlitinform, 2002.
3. Kornozova L. M. Sudebnaya vlast' [Judicial authority]. TK Velbi, 2003.
4. Kruglikov A. P. Vestnik Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya 5: Yurisprudentsiya [Bulletin of Volgograd State University. Series 5: Jurisprudence]. 2013, no. 3, pp. 91–97.
5. Pashin S. Novaya gazeta [The new newspaper]. 2012, Nov. 21
6. Kalinovskiy K. B. Aktual'nye problemy ugolovnogo prava, ugolovnogo protsessa i kriminalistiki:
sb. nauch.-prakt. st. Vyp. 2. [Topical problems of criminal law, criminalprocedure, criminal science: collected scientific and practical articles. Issue 2]. Saint-Petersburg: SZF RPA Minyusta Rossii, 2008, pp. 10–13.
7. Lebedev V. M. Materialy Mezhdunarodnogo seminara po problemam suda prisyazhnykh: sb. dokl. RGEF [Proceedings of the International seminar on jury trial problems: collected RGEF reports]. Rostov-on-Don, 1997, pp. 12–13.
8. Kontseptsiya sudebnoy reformy v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The judicial reform conception in the Russian Federation]. Moscow, 1992.
9. Rossiyskaya yustitsiya [Russian justice]. 1994, no. 12.
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of RF]. 2004, no. 34, art. 3528.